“You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind.” -Matthew 22:37
To grow my heart, mind and soul is the goal. I want a bigger heart, a more open mind and a soul that freely flows through the vallies and mountain tops of life.
My prayer is that my heart might grow to include others, no matter who they are or where they come from in the circle of love that blesses me everyday. I pray that my mind may always be open to grow and learn new things from all the walks of life. I pray that my soul may know itself in a more intimate way that allows me to truly be in touch with all that I am.
May my heart not become hard, but grow soft as it seeks to becoe fertile soul for the seeds of love planted by my Creator. May my mind not become closed and dark, but open and filled with the light of wisdom that flows from on high. And may my soul not become enslaved to the waeriness that becomes an end to so many, but may it break the chains that seek to hold it in bondage and fly free to experience all it was created for.
Thoughts are very powerful things and when my heart, mind and sould are right, my thoughts have the power to create a life that cannot be explained. A growing heart, open mind and free soul empowers a life to be lived to it’s fullest and makes every moment a treasure.
As I am loved, may I also love with all of myself – heart, mind and soul…
Sometimes it seems as if I am in a constant battle with my ego and I know this takes me away from the things I really want, the things that my spirit knows is best for me. My ego is the idea that I am what I do, what I have or what I think other people think of me, and the truth is: I am so much more and so are you!
This battle with my ego often causes my heart to become hard and encourages me to be moody, arrogant and selfish, which is the exact opposite of what I really am and what I truly want to be. I was created with a soft and tender heart that says: “I am peace, humble and giving all wrapped up in supernatural love.”
When I am my real self, my spirit self, the self that God created me to be, then God is able to move through me and it is such a wonderful and amazing experience that words cannot even come close to explaining. This is an experience where self gets out of the way and allows Spirit to shine all the beautiful gifts to and through my spirit’s presence in this human experience.
“Get rid of all bitterness, rage and anger, brawling and slander, along with every form of malice. Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you.” -Ephesians 4:31-32
So take a few moments today to realize this life is sometimes a very real battle, but it is a battle worth engaging in and ultimately winning. And to win the battle with the ego, we must focus on doing two things:
1. We must get rid of all, not some of the by-products of ego. We have to take on, take out and get rid of all bitterness, rage, anger, brawling, slander and every form of malice.
2. We must replace the empty space with kindness, compassion and forgiveness. In others words: We give to others what God has given to us. We cannot give something to someone else, if we do not have it for ourself, so first we must receive the kindness, compassion and forgiveness and then we are empowered to share it with others.
Getting rid of the bad and replacing it with the good empowers us from the inside out and gives us a victory that cannot be obtained in any other way. It is a battle, but it’s a battle worth fighting to get our heart soft, tender and ready for the supernatural seed of the Almighty…
When we are young, we have a way of turning things into monsters that are not really monsters. We can be laying in bed and all of a sudden the shirt we left hanging on the bed post turns into some demonic entity that has escaped the underground prison it’s been caged up in, just to come kill us and destroy our hopes of growing up and one day driving a car to the moon and back. The crazy thing is, the more we look at it, the more real it becomes and the less sleep we get.
When we become adults, it really does not change all that much. The major difference is that we don’t have to be laying in the bed in a dark room. We can be sitting on the beach in the beautiful sunshine and our thoughts become, negative, dark, depressing and before we know it, inside of our heads we find ourselves in the midst of the most viscious storm that it sure to take our lives and ruin everything we have ever counted as dear.
Thoughts are powerful and with them we can imagine the absolute worst or the most magnificent best – the choice is ours! We really do have the power, but we fail to realize it and often empower the wrong side of things, tipping the scales against ourselves, rather than in our favor.
For most of our lives, we are often just one decision away from a totally different life and this can be a negative or a positive, we just have to decide for ourselves. This is why our thoughts are so important, because our thoughts become words, which turn into actions, which grow into habits, which eventually become apart of our character and our character ultimately leads us into our destiny.
It is very important for us to understand: The Battle For Our Heart Is Most Often Fought In Our Mind. It is in fact a battle and it always will be on this side of eternity. This is why it is important to challenge, question, inspect and change the way we think, because when we change the way we think about things, the things we think about change and the goal here is change for the better.
Here are three thoughts to help all of us think better thoughts:
1. Think about what you are thinking about! Is the majority of your thinking negative or positive? Is it building up toward a meaningful goal or tearing down what could really make a difference? Be honest with yourself and when you identify wrong, hurtful and negative thinking, be prepared to take it on and take it out.
2. Make Room For The Right Thinking By Getting Rid Of The Wrong Thinking! We have a limited amount of space in our minds and if we are honest, a lot of that space has been taken over by thoughts that are doing more harm than good, so what can we do about it? Challenge those wrong thoughts so that they change into right thoughts that are taking you closer to where you were created to be, rather than farther away.
3. Increase Your Right Thinking In Every Way You Can Think Of! There are so many different things we can do to increase our right thinking. We can start a gratitude list that helps to remind us of all the amazing blessings we have flowing into and through our lives. We can journal our thoughts, ideas and learning on a daily basis that helps us to get it out of our head, so that we can observe things from a different perspective. We can intentionally set positive reminders by reading, writing, posting, sharing positive thoughts, quotes and ideas in as many different places and in as many diffferent ways as possible…
We can take on the THOUGHT MONSTER and win, we just have to have the thought that this is what we are going to do and then follow through on that thought! Once you’ve taken the step, you will be glad you did…