I love life! But if I am totally honest: I have not always loved life. There have been times that I absolutely dreaded it and there have even been times when I just wanted to get off the ride and go home. Somewhere along the way, during the ups, downs, sideways, upside-downs and right-side ups of this life, I learned that the secret to loving life, was not just tolerating it, but actually treating it as the gift that it truly is.
This life is our opportunity to work on our very own masterpiece. If we choose we can add on purpose and intentional brushstrokes everyday that help to make life and living something really special.
If we are not careful, it is very possible to live our lives with no real intention or purpose, just bouncing around helplessly like a little ball getting knocked around in a pinball machine. This is not the life we were created for and the key to living above the fray is INTENTIONALITY. We each have a choice to make: Work on a masterpiece or be a helpless ball tossed around in a meaningless game???
Being intentional requires us to think about what we want and what we are capable of. It requires us to think thought our life and living and make a plan. It is all about taking advantage of the amazing gift of choice. That’s right we have the ability to choose the life we are going to live.
Here are Five Tips For Living An Intentional Life:
1. Decide at the beginning of your day, what this day is going to be about! If you don’t decide someone else will decide for you and trust me, that will not even come close to the kind of day, you would really like to live. Be intentional about what your day is going to be about!
2. Understand that time is a gift that you can’t get back! We each have 24 hours in a day. No one gets anymore and no one gets any less. Most of us waste a lot of time and then feel guilty and regret it later. Be intentional about how you are going to invest your time!
3. Think about your thoughts! The things we think about impact our living in so many different ways and this is why it is important to get rid of negative distractions and pessimistic attitudes. When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change! Be intentional about what you allow your head to dwell on!
4. Focus on relationships, because we were created to do life together. God did not create us because He needed us. God created us, because He wanted us and He wants us to want each other, because we are better together. Be intentional about your relationships and their care!
5. Begin and end your day with a plan! This is the key to intentional living. Take time at the very beginning of your day to think about and plan for how you want your day to unfold. It will not go exactly as planned, but you will be ready for whatever comes your way. Take time before you go to sleep at night to look back over your day and celebrate the wins and learn from the losses. Be intention about planning your day and you will be amazed at how it opens you up to bless and be blessed.