This morning, as we embark on a new year, I want to share with you a little something that makes an amazing difference in my life and that I believe can make a big difference in your life as well. It is the art and gift of journaling. Every since I was a teenager, I have “on and off” kept a journal. I love the idea of a blank page and the opportunity to remind myself of some of the wisdom that the Spirit is providing in the living of life. A journal is not necessarily a diary of your most personal and intimate thoughts, it is blank book that is filled with what life in the Spirit is teaching you.
Here are just a few of the many benefits to taking the time to keep a journal:
- It actually helps you in your personal growth and development!
- It provides insights into your moods and behaviors!
- It gives you a great framework for problem-solving!
- It is great at reducing stress!
- It improves every area of your health – physical, mental, spiritual!
- It grows your self esteem and sense of accomplishment!
- It allows you to practice self expression in a safe environment!
- It is a great tool for reflection and life processing!
Here are a few tips to help you get started:
- Get a journal that is an expression of who you are – make it personal!
- Pick and protect a writing instrument – the pen is your friend!
- Write about whatever you want to, but make sure to record what life in the Spirit is teaching you!
- Remember: It’s not about perfection, it’s about personal expression – no right or wrong, just you!
- Everyday – express gratitude somewhere and somehow in your journaling – this is the magic potion!
- Write about and celebrate the success of life – you will love looking back on this!
- Look for something to learn – there are lessons all around you! (As you record, you will see more and more!)
- Simple is profound! (Your goal is not to impress, but express!)
- Learn to listen to your inner voice and you will always have something to share!
Three To Grow On:
- Take your journal with you everywhere you go and don’t be afraid to pull it out and use it!
- Use what feels good! If your journal and writing device is not comfortable, you won’t use it!
- Practice “FREE FLOW!”
I hope this little blog post will encourage you and help you to live blessed! 😉